Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

TIME MANAGEMENT – (101)

Time management simply means managing yourself in order to accomplish your goals within the time available.
1.    “You are the same as you will be in five (5) years except for two things: the people you meet and the books you read.”
2.    “If I have eight (8) hours to cut down a tree, I would spend six (6) hours out of it to sharpen my axe.”         (Abraham Lincoln)
3.    Most people are concerned with doing THINGS RIGHT than with doing the RIGHT THINGS.     (Peter Drucker)
4.    Ask yourself: Will what I am doing right now help me achieve my goals?  If your answer is No, then switch to something that will contribute to your goal.
5.    Write out a weekly plan; Answer these 5 questions.
a.     What results do I intend to achieve this week?
b.    What must I do to get these results?
c.     What are the priorities?
d.    How much time will each activity require?
e.     When will I do each activity?
6.    A successful man is one who can give precise account of every minutes spent in his lifetime.         (Ahmed Sojobi)
7.    In anticipating your daily schedule, be sure to allow enough time for interruptions and other unscheduled events. Most of us allow at least 25% of the day for these interruptions. If you allow them in your day, you will be less frustrated when they occur.
8.    Also, allow for some quite time when you make yourself unavailable for an hour or so. Use this quite time to work on the important jobs that require concentration.
For enquiry: contact engineerhamsho@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this Article has inspired you, feel free to drop your comments here